For those of you who have been following my blog for the last couple of years, you know how much I love the Fourth of July. It's one of my favorite holidays. As much as my husband and I gripe about the state of affairs that our country is in politically (and otherwise), I whole-heartedly believe that we are indeed living on the promised land. God has blessed this land in order for us to have religious freedom, along with many other freedoms. However, these freedoms come with a price. We have lost many freedoms since the Declaration of Independence was written because many did not pay this price. We can't as a people just sit idly by and point fingers or throw our hands up in defeat.
So, what is this price? I could give you a lengthy response, but I think it comes down to two very simple ideas presently so perfectly in this article. I hope you will read it. I shared this article with my family on July 4th, along with reading the Declaration of Independence like we have done for the past 5 years. We had some great conversation, and I felt inspired once again to continue on my journey to educate myself, to sacrifice more, and to teach my children to be full participants of life!
Plus:
The boys made these cute flags while we were doing our reading.

They also enjoyed the annual pancake breakfast put on by our church. Bradley was able to sing in the children's choir (see video below). They had a great time. Overall, it was another wonderful day. God Bless America!


The Program
July 4, 2011

1 comment:
Hi, guys the boys look so proud with their flags!!! What a great tradition your family has. I forgot that you guys do that. I think that is really special and will be such a good memory for your kiddo's.
The program was just too cute!!!!!
Thanks for sharing the link I loved reading all the historical info!
I finally just posted my 4th post. I'm glad I'm not the only one a few weeks behind:)
Post a Comment