Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 2012

Happy August!
This month James and I will celebrate our TENTH wedding Anniversary! We have a wonderful, romantic day planned, and I can't wait. :)

But until then, here are a few pics from the remainder of July. Lots of cuteness, lots of work, and lots of learning!

Princess Emma.

Savanna loves her new curling iron.

The boys spoiling Em with a double foot massage- I want one!

Savanna trying out her underwater camera with her friend, Tahlia.

Emma made a friend at the park. This little girl, who Emma insisted on calling "Baby" like she does any child regardless of their age, followed her around the whole time! At first Emma liked it but toward then end she stared saying, "Go Baby. Go Bye Bye Baby." This chick didn't take the hint though!













Peek...

A-Boo!!







It's a good thing we didn't bother seeding the backyard. DIRT...hours and hours of fun for everyone!



James' LAST "week ring" from the academy. It was still on the wall- he took it down eagerly! 2 more weeks of training and 8 more months of probation, and then maybe the guy can take a little break (or a long break)!

My Sis and her kids came for a visit (more pictures at the bottom). The girls had a blast in the little pool we have. I couldn't believe how brave Emma and Gabby were- they just threw themselves down the slide into the water and giggled like crazy!











Em is twirling her hair again. She had a not-so-nice, little bald spot in the back so we got her hair chopped off this week- I actually really like it! SO glad we didn't need to buzz her!!

I read "The Hatchet" with the boys. It's about a boy who gets stranded in the wilderness for 47 days and has to make his own weapons, hunt for his own food, make his own shelter, etc. After hearing this story, Bradley decided he was going to make a bow. He found this stick, took one of his shoe laces, and uses a tinker toy rod for arrows. It shoots pretty darn far! He wants a real one after watching the Olympics!

The littles watched their first Shirley Temple movie- "Heidi." Shirley was about Brad's age in this movie, and he thought she was SO cute!


Story time with "Bwad."



We must be entertained while we eat!



Speaking of spoiled, Marley likes to keep James' pillows warm while he is working graves.

We FINISHED our house purge!! Our last project- the closets!! BEFORE....

AFTER!



And here is our new and improved "Learning Time" Closet!

My house is officially cleaned out, organized, and as efficient as it's going to be for now. We are going to re-due the purge twice per year, donate what we don't need, purchase things we do, and keep our space and energy clean.

Brad practicing his hula hoop skills in Albertsons.

Emma and "Baby" slide together.





Well our summer is about over. We are officially starting "School" next Monday! It's been great- we've had visitors, Savanna has taken several mini vacations, we've been to the beach, the park, and the zoo. We were able to get our house reorganized, plant a garden, and start a new exercise program...somehow, surprisingly, I am not feeling all that rested! But we have revamped our schedule, and I think we are all excited about digging into our studies again. I am planning on studying more about finance, psychology, relationships, and religion. Savanna is excited about studying cosmetology, fashion, business, and baking. Bradley is wanting to learn about archery, cars, music, and cooking. Benjamin wants to learn about art, reading, history, and typing. Lots to learn, and I am so glad we get to do it all together. :)  

No comments: