The last two weeks have been a bit rough for me. The baby sickness finally hit, and has left me pretty, well, sick! I will update the blog as much as I can these next few weeks, but it will be the "reader's digest" version. :)
New Year's was fun. We finished our dream posters, Savanna had a sleep over, and we enjoyed a lovely brunch with friends. We all have some great goals set for the new year. Besides the upcoming addition to our family, we have set some lofty educational goals, financial goals, and spiritual goals. It is great to have a new year to re-focus and try to grow in mind and spirit! Here are our dream posters for the year:
Mine- Four Focal Points: Faith, Family, Health, and Education
Jackie and I have decided to read the complete works of Jane Austen and discuss them every other month. James and I are going to be continuing our classic colloquia readings, and will most likely be hosting a Thomas Jefferson Education mini-seminar at the end of May (I will definitely be posting details of that as it gets closer!).
Brad's- can you tell you he excited about being a big brother again? He also wants to build his testimony in Christ, and become an even better reader and writer.
Ben Ben's- Hmm....looking at his dream poster it appears he wants to eat a lot of ice cream, be like the prophets, and make good choices (that will work!).
Savanna's- She wants to learn more about architecture, make it to All Stars (soccer), finish 12 of her Young Women's Personal Progress goals, continue to play the piano, and increase her wardrobe!
We also had a visit from Heather and beautiful Sofi! Sofi was, of course, an absolute doll. She is so incredibly happy all the time. We enjoyed visiting with them, and the kids loved all their Christmas goodies!
We started back up with our schooling this past week. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful children. Savanna brings me up my tea in the morning and the four of us cuddle in my bed and do all our studies. The boys have been very sweet, rubbing my feet and playing together nicely. James has taken over the laundry and grocery shopping. Man, am I spoiled! I'm hoping to be feeling better very soon, but in the meantime, it is great to have such a supportive family.

No comments:
Post a Comment