Well, it's been 2 weeks since I've blogged, and still there isn't much to blog about it. But, here it goes! I spent the first week in bed, still suffering from my all day sickness. I convinced my darling husband to take me to the homeopathic doctor I mentioned in my earlier post. One week later, my symptoms have improved dramatically- some are gone all together! I still need a lot of rest, but I can get out of bed for some times several hours- I cooked dinner tonight and even took the kids to the library (this hasn't happened in over a month, so it's a little exciting)! I would highly recommend this homeopath to anyone locally who is interested in alternative medicine. His name is Dr. Howard Fine, and he has a beautiful site: www.howardfinend.net. I wish I would have known about homeopathy during my last three pregnancies. I just thought some women had to suffer, but apparently there are natural remedies that help balance hormones. I am not completely out of the woods, but I can function and I am confident that I will just continue to gain more and more energy. Thanks, Dr. Fine!

I am now 10 weeks along- woo hoo! We got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time this past Wednesday. With as sick as I've been, it lifted my spirits to hear that sweet little beat. We are all so excited!
We also held another successful colloquium where we discussed the woes of our nation, and how to return to the principles of freedom our Founding Fathers relied on while drafting our federal constitution. The 5000 Year leap by W. Cleon Skousen is a great read. Savanna has begun to read it for an online youth constitution seminar she is beginning on Tuesday. She will read this book along with our federal constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Pretty intense reading for a 12 year old, but she is excited about it, and I'm sure she will learn a lot. It is amazing to me how uninformed our youth are about our political system (and adults for that matter!). I asked Savanna what kind of gov't we have, and she quickly answered, "A Democracy" even though she has spent the better part of her schooling reciting The Pledge where it clearly says "and to the Republic for which is stands." There is a BIG difference, which Skousen points out beautifully in his book. I highly recommend every American read it!
Art project by Benjamin
And by Brad: He is planning on mailing this to Kendyl next week. So dang cute! (FYI Jax, he is completely convinced that he will get some sort of picture back from her.) :)
On a sadder note, Brad's birthday fish, Rex, only survived our household for 6 days! No, Ben did not kill him! He died of completely natural causes. Note to self and others: Don't buy live creatures from Walmart! Rex was lovingly replaced by a yellow Betta fish from Pet Smart whom Bradley now calls Rexy. :)

1 comment:
Thanks for the head's up! I'll make sure Brad makes it to the Valentine's craft list!!! Glad you're doing better!
Post a Comment