Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

One day early, but this will be our celebration this year (too tired for fireworks and bbqs this year!). Every year our church hosts a pancake breakfast for the entire Stake in honor of the 4th. This year our ward was in charge, and I think it turned out great. They had a yummy breakfast, bounce houses for the kids, a beautiful program complete with patriotic music, a fire truck, and displays of different military weapons, cars, and gear.

Bradley wasn't in the mood to play much today for some reason. He sat in the front row by himself and listened to the hour long program. He said the music was really great, and he loved the feeling of the program (Look close, he is in the yellow in the front left corner by the lady with the white hat!).

I was busy chasing Ben around. They had a gun exhibit which he was really in to.

But he spent most of his time with the firemen. They got a big kick out of him as he informed them that he had already been to a fire station and knew all about firemen.

Savanna always finds a baby to hold...pretty soon she'll have one around all the time. :) I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get to hold Emma besides when I'm feeding her!

The older kids played tug-of-war and other games.

It was a beautiful morning, and we had a great turn out- over 700 people- good times!

Ben, trying his best at Tug-of-War

July 3, 2010

1 comment:

Heather Serrano said...

Ben and guns? uh oh!!! :p