James and I are nearing the end of our first week of our new fitness program! I have stuck with my running and already 5 days in have lost 3 lbs! It is amazing how when you work your body, it seems to rise to the challenge. It WANTS to be strong and healthy. It's like giving a plant water and sunshine...it can't help but flourish.
I have really enjoyed reading up on health (especially nutrition and diet) these past couple of years. I feel like it is part of my mission to help others realize the joy and freedom that comes from being truly healthy. However, I have learned from one of my favorite sites www.greensmoothiegirl.com, that health is like a 3-legged stool. Two of the legs are diet, and the third is exercise. So although diet is EXTREMELY important, what happens if you chop off that third leg by neglecting your fitness? Doesn't work out so well. I have been able to control my diet pretty well, but have not until recently created a regular habit of exercise. I can't tell you how much better I feel doing both...AND, James and I even had a cheat day where we ate some treats and I am still losing weight (more on that in a minute).
Because of my desire to help others as I journey along this road of health, I have decided to sign up to become a Beachbody coach. What exactly does that mean? I have the opportunity to share my success with others and give them encouragement and support to fulfill their fitness goals. I have a built-in community of coaches and members to receive support and encouragement myself. Plus, accountability really helps a person stay on track. If others will be "checking up" on me or looking to me as any type of example, that will motivate me to keep my goals firmly in place and keep striving towards them. It's fun, and it's SO up my alley. :)
If you or anyone you know would like my help, advice, support-whatever- please share with them my coaching website. My coaching services are completely FREE. I have an awesome coach (who happens to be my Sis), and she has been a great motivator and mentor.
To sign up for complimentary coaching, just click "Join" and then click the free membership option and you will automatically be assigned to me. I will contact you, and we can discuss your goals and ways I can help!
Along with our daily workouts and my running, James and I have started what Beachbody calls a transitional diet. Each week we add a new component to our diet, eventually weeding out all the bad habits and ending with a whole foods, well-balanced diet just 6 weeks later (for all the details on our personal journey and diet, go to my coaching website, click My Profile, and then click on Transformation Story). This week all we had to do was cut out all the junk- candy, soda, chips, ice cream, etc. This was much harder for my hubby! But, we also get 2 FULL cheat days! Saturday was our first cheat day, and I have to say we went a little overboard. We've decided that our next cheat day will be much more mellow!

We are excited also to try some Beachbody's health products. We have recently ordered one of their premier health shakes called Shakeology. Normally, I am not into buying pre-made, meal-replacement type foods. I like eating real whole foods, like God intended. However, the more I read about Shakeology, the more impressed I was. It is a whole foods/superfoods shake complete with a ton of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, and probiotics (all from real food sources). It is raw (not heated too high during the dehydration process to cause damage to the nutrients) and pesticide free as well. Because it is so rich in nutrients, it is like a multi-vitamin adding energy and life to your body on a cellular level. It also aids your body in the process of elimination (the process that is primarily responsible for removing excess FAT and other toxins that may lead to disease). My sister sent us samples, and it was fabulous. We have heard so many success stories from people who drink this regularly. Our shipment is due to arrive on Friday, so I will keep you posted on how we like it. For more details on the Shakeology, visit:
James and I are also drinking 1 quart, yes 1 QUART, of green smoothie per day! That also really speeds up elimination (sorry if this is TMI), and adds hydration, protein, and a TON of nutrients. For more info on green smoothies and recipes, click my dinner blog on the right-hand side of this blog.
Change is coming...and we are hoping it will be contagious! :)
*For those of you not familiar with Beachbody, it is a fitness and wellness company that provides workout DVDs, nutritional supplements, meal-planning and diet advice, gear, an online community for support- it is very extensive and has something for everyone. You are probably familiar with some of their exercise programs- p90x, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, etc. Check them out at www.beachbody.com.*
July 19, 2011


4 comments:
good for you hon! Stick with it! We'll be some hot-mama's for our date in Sept!!!
Awesome Holli!!! I will defiantly love to hear more on this in the future!! I might need some coaching if my plan that I am starting in 2 weeks!!!! Keep it up girl!!!!
oops it cut off half my comment. I posted on the plan I'm starting in two weeks.. If I need some coaching I will know who to call!!! oxoxxo
Way to go Holli! I know that when I was running a few times a week and doing crossfit on other days that I felt I had more energy. I was also drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch to help me avoid just eating chocolate chip cookies for meals. But then I stopped and suddenly I could barely stay awake all day. So I'm going to get back on track plus I'm running in a Ragnar Relay in 9 weeks so I need to get moving. Also, there is a 5K in Disneyland on January 27th.
Post a Comment