
Our sweet Bradley turned 8 yesterday! He received a bunch of presents, but one of his favorites was his new BMX bike. It even has stunt pegs on it which he thinks is very cool. He taught himself to ride it in less than an hour- I was impressed!


James was able to stay an extra day and spend the day with Brad on his actual birthday! We went to the Bob Jones Trail and he rode his bike about 3 miles. We came home and BBQ-ed, watched Star Wars, and played with all his other new toys. It was a really great day! My sweet husband spent the majority of it cleaning out the garage to get everything ready for Bradley's upcoming party. Savanna and I even were able to sneak away and do some clothes shopping. I've had to get rid of practically all of my clothes! I am not in the size I want yet, but I needed to get a few things to get me through the next couple of months. I am starting to really enjoying shopping again...this could be BAD. :)

Poor Ben has been having a rough couple of weeks with all the excitement over Brad and his birthday and baptism. We got him a little something to ease the blow of Brad's bike and other presents. It helped...a little. :) One of the other gifts we got Bradley was a beginner chess set. It's called No Stress Chess, and I highly recommend it if you have small kids and want to teach them chess. The boys played it several times yesterday, and they practically know how to play Chess now. Super fun to see my 6 year-old beat his 8 year-old brother at Chess! That cheered Ben up a little too!!

And meet the newest Boy Scout! He has his first Wolf den meeting tonight! He says he's nervous because he doesn't really know what scouting is about or if the other boys will like him. This is all new to me too, but I can't imagine anyone not liking Bradley! He is such a wonderful, kind, intelligent boy. I have no doubts that he will do great in scouting, earn a ton of badges, and make some great friends.
Happy Birthday, Brad! We love you tons!!

January 16 - 17, 2012

No comments:
Post a Comment