Tuesday, June 12, 2012

May Events

 I finally ran my first 5k! My time was 42 minutes...definitely not the fastest but I was also not the slowest! I think if I do another race I will do it with friends. I had to drive to Santa Maria, wait almost an hour, pay $25, run, and then drive home. So it took me 2 hours to run the same distance I could have ran for free in 42 minutes if I had just ran around my neighborhood! So I'm thinking a longer run and friends to make it worth the time and money. BUT, it was something I wanted to do and I did it!

Here are some pictures from our day trip down to the L.A. to go to Hannah's baptism. We decided to stop in Santa Barbara on the way and take Emma to the zoo. She loved it, and has finally realized that not all animals are doggies! Then we headed down to celebrate with Hannah, congratulate our nephew Charles for graduating from high school (woo hoo!), and visit with everyone. James was able to perform the baptism, Savanna played the music beautifully, and it was wonderful seeing everyone. I was so busy chasing Emma around though that I did not get one picture of Hannah at her baptism! If anyone has any photos, please email me a couple!! My Sis came with her two girlies and so I was able to steal some photos from her blog but none of the girl of honor!

 Overall it was a really fun day but I am glad it was just one day. I have realized something about myself. I do not enjoy traveling with my children. Actually, that is an understatement: traveling with my children completely stresses me out! I find myself saying things like, "Oh we should come visit for a couple of days or overnight" and then as the trip gets nearer I am filled with dread. The driving, the whining, the packing my whole house and finding a place for the dog, the not sleeping- yeah, it's just not the right time for me to travel! So to all my friends and family, please know that I love you and miss you but my sanity is being preserved by staying close to home or making quick day trips like this one! Maybe in a few years with one less kid and no diapers, we will be mobile. When we get our act in gear with our finances we can afford to travel in more style and stay in hotels and such. That would also make it more enjoyable! :)














 Emma's early birthday present from G'ma Kathleen. :)







May 2012

No comments: