Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy February!

February is whizzing by for us here. It's been a very busy couple of weeks. I'll give you the highlights:

Valentine's Day was pretty uneventful. I was sick most of the day. James worked 12 hours. We saw each other for about an hour. I did get a nice box of chocolates, and we are going to celebrate next week some time. Savanna has offered to babysit so we can go to dinner and a movie. The kids made gifts for their friends at church, and got some treats from their leaders that they really enjoyed.

James and I prequalified for a home loan, and have been house hunting. It's super fun and super stressful, all at the same time! We are hoping to stay in Nipomo, but there hasn't been too many listings in our price range. We'll keep you all posted on this next adventure.

Schooling with the kids has been going great. Savanna is doing wonderful in her Constitution class, and is becoming quite the patriot. She also is playing the piano beautifully these days. She has started using her sewing machine that she received for her birthday and is making presents for some of our family members. She is hoping to get good enough to start a little sewing business. We found a fabric store in Solvang that sells fabric for $1 per yard! She is planning on making herself an entire new wardrobe. :)

The boys are wonderful. No injuries (knock on wood) this month! My mom, aunt, and uncle bought them Tag Readers for Christmas. They are little pens that you can download books on to. They play with these things non-stop...and they're educational, so even better! Benjamin informed us the other day that he wanted to change his name to Benson. James said no. That was about the end of that. Bradley is becoming quite a chef. He makes most of his own lunches and dinners now. Preparing food is still quite difficult for me, so I love that he has taken on this new task. He chops his own veggies for a salad, makes a mean pb&j, and can concoct all sorts of different trail mixes from the various nuts and dried fruits we have around the house.

Rexy, our fish, is still alive and doing well! We made the kids a promise a long time ago that when we bought a house with a yard, we could get a dog. They are remembering this promise, and so if we buy a home I'm sure you'll be hearing about our new pet soon after. :)

The baby is now 12 weeks. I have felt the little "flutters" from time to time which is very fun. She is only about 2 1/2 inches and according to my pregnancy calendar, she is growing fingernails and toenails this week- those are important!

With all the talk of budget cuts and lay offs possibly happening in his department, James went out and got a second job last week. He'll be working as an inside sales rep a couple days a week on his days off at a local nutritional company called Myogenix. They sell muscle building nutritional products like protein shakes, recovery drinks, vitamins, creatine, etc. You can check them out at: http://www.myogenix.com/index.html.

Patriotism is contagious...now if someone could just explain to me what a Repugic and liverty are...:)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I love all the "her" & "she" references. You know in about 5 weeks you could be sure...I'm just saying. Good luck on the house hunt!!! Very exciting.

Diane's Photography said...

House hunts know no boundries most of the time. Hope you can stay in Nipomo, but getting a house is very exciting! I like the she refference...I used that once and had a boy...4 of them haahaa! just sayin' we all seem to know what's up dont' we? I sure enjoy your blog holli..love ya