House Hunting Update:
Well, our search for a home may quickly come to a close. We made another offer on a house. They countered, we accepted their counter...and they still went with another offer! I'm starting to get the feeling that now is not the time for us to buy a house. The funding for our particular kind of loan will be gone by the end of April, so if we don't find a house in the next couple of weeks, we will remain where we are. It's not that bad. We'd love to buy a house, and would have LOVED the $8000 tax credit, but we aren't unhappy here. We love the area, love our ward, and we can make our living situation work. I guess we will see what happens!
Recent Injuries:
Hey, are you surprised to see a picture of Bradley instead of Benjamin here?? He did a face plant into the wooden arm of our couch. Cut up his cute face...but no stitches or broken bones, so we're good! Other than Ben falling off his top bunk, and the usual scrapes and bruises, it's been pretty uneventful here.
New Purchases:
Brad is growing like a weed lately! We had to take him out and buy him some new church clothes and PJs. He loves to shop, and is VERY opinionated about what he picks out. I have NO idea where he gets that from! Well, we made the mistake of taking Benjamin along on this shopping trip. Bradley gets all the new stuff, and then Ben gets all of Brad's old stuff. It works out great! However, Ben has recently put this together and announced very loudly in Target that he didn't want all of "Brad's crappy old stuff." He wanted some new stuff too! I was going to tell him to deal with it, but Dad was a softy and bought him a new shirt and new set of PJs...:)
Our vacuum died! I know this is definitely uneventful, but it is obnoxious. We went out and spent $50 on one of this rechargeable Dirt Devil vacs...it sucks! Or I should say, it doesn't suck. Seriously it's good for some small surface dirt, but won't pick up anything big, and if it isn't plugged in all the time, it dies. The only perk is that it is super light and boys love to use it. Brad vacuumed three times today! It does pick up some stuff, and at least it makes my house "look" clean...just don't look too close! Anyone have an extra vacuum they don't want??
Church:
Savanna is getting ready to go on a 5 day trip to Utah with her Young Women's group. They are driving up to Salt Lake to watch General Conference, see Temple Square, and hit up some of the other church sites in the state. She is extremely excited.
Savanna and I were able to go to our first Young Women's broadcast last night. They hold a dinner and broadcast for the Young Women and their mothers the weekend before General Conference each year. It was beautifully done. The food was great, the messages presented were uplifting, and each girl got a necklace to take home with "V" on it to represent the new Young Women value added this year- Virtue. I never had the opportunity to go through the Young Women's program, and I am thoroughly enjoying this journey with her. I am very impressed with the youth program, and I absolutely love her leaders.
James and Savanna were able to help out with a church assignment last week at local soup kitchen. Members of our ward made dinner for 105 homeless men, women, and children. James and Savanna were able to take it to the soup kitchen and dish up the meals. It was great experience for both of them.
I also had a unique and growing experience with service this week. A member of our ward passed away, and I was asked to help dress her in her temple clothes before her cremation. It is customary in our church that if you have received the ordinances of the temple you are dressed in your temple clothes prior to cremation or burial. I have to say that this was a bit uncomfortable for me at first. However, as soon as we had her dressed, had pulled back her hair, and put on her favorite earrings, the whole feeling in the room changed. You could feel the Spirit, almost as if this sister was thanking us for this last act of service. The family was then able to come in and visit with her one last time. They were grateful too, and I was glad that their last image of her was one of a queen, looking peaceful and content.

1 comment:
Awe, I hope you find a place. It's always nice to have someplace to call your own. I miss everyone, checking in for a moment to say hello and catch up on your blog
love you guys
Diane
Post a Comment