Saturday, November 20, 2010

We FINALLY Bought Our First Home!

After months of searching and praying where we should buy, we finally had an offer accepted on a townhome here in Nipomo. It's a little over 1450 square feet with a small fenced yard and a 2 car garage on a quiet, little street. It is definitely an upgrade from our little apartment and will give us some great experience. It isn't official yet (we are doing the home inspection next week), but James and I both feel like it will all work out. We might even have the keys before Christmas!

The back patio/yard area.

We will have several home improvement projects. Project 1: Paint the terd-colored walls (they don't look bad in this pic, but in-person they are a dark chocolate, terd brown). Project 2. Buy a sledge hammer and get rid of the seventies tile in the living/dining area!

Loving my new kitchen. It has a lot of cabinet and counter space for all of my gadgets and goodies!

Seriously, tile must have been on sale or something! I've never seen anyone tile the ENTIRE bathroom (both baths are like this). This is the master bath, and it has pictures of a lady with a harp on some of the tiles...say what? Like I said, lots of projects and experience!

One of the bedrooms.

And, the garage! With Nipomo weather being so great and mild, we are hoping to utilize the garage as additional living space. This may become our play/learning room. :) So many ideas- we can't wait!!

I'll post more pics when we do the inspection. Most of the stuff we don't like is purely cosmetic. We are excited to learn how to do some home improvements. Anyone with experience (YOU know who you are) are welcome to come help!! We are so excited! We've been wanting to own a home for many, many years. And, we really didn't want to leave the area if we could help it. Congrats to us! Yay!!!

November 2010

4 comments:

Andersons and sons said...

Holli,

I'm jumping for joy for you guys! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out with inspection and all!! What's even more exciting is you get to stay on the Central Coast!!! Wahoo!! I got a little teary eyed reading this post! Oh and I love your little Emma she is so beautiful!! I wish I could hold her but I'm glad you post alot!!! We miss you guys alot!!

xoxoRanda :)

P.s. The Home improvements are so fun.. I'm learning a ton!

Jackie said...

Good LUCK!!! I think you can paint tile if it's cost prohibitive to rip it all up. We had a lot of fun w/ our Lincoln house - fun to make it what you want!

Powers Fam said...

So excited for you guys!!! I hope everything goes smoothly. You will have so much fun renovating! Really, it's fun. ;) you know I love to paint so let me know when you need a hand. Congrats!

Diane's Photography said...

I'm finally catching up and now I'm in the "know". congragulations of your new home. I'm so excited for you. Looks like lots of wonderful space for you and your family. Now you can honestly decorate you own home...whooo hoooooooooooo!