Saturday, February 26, 2011

Savanna's New Haircut


Savanna and I had a girl's day yesterday. We went shopping, Savanna had her hair cut, and then we hit the library for our monthly Mentor Meeting. Once a month Savanna and I break out our calendars and plan out the next month based on academic and recreational goals Savanna has personally set. As she is getting older, these meetings are becoming more and more productive. She is really taking ownership of her education lately, studying hours a day without me prodding or supervising her. She finally has reached a point where she loves to learn, and does it because she sees value in it, not because someone is making her! I am very excited for her. In March she will be working on: pre-algebra, US and World History, spelling, grammar, sewing, drawing, cooking, Personal Progress (our church's spiritual program for young women), soccer, tennis, science, and piano. She will also be reading several classic books, and leading her own colloquium. Good times. :)

February 25, 2011

1 comment:

Diane's Photography said...

Savanna is absolutely darling and I love her haircut. You've gotta be proud of that girl!!! lucky you!