We are still enjoying our new dog, Marley. We took him to the vet this week for an exam. He is in perfect health. The vet said he thought he was either a Beagle/Australian Shepherd mix or a Beagle/Border Collie mix. He made some joke under his breath that sounded like, "Good luck getting him to listen." I'm slowly thinking that wasn't a joke! Marley is not a very good listener so far, and his puppy instincts have been causing some trouble as well. This week he ate our hose, some of our carpet, and one of the kid's beach chairs! Just went to library and checked out all their new pet owner/dog training books. It's a good thing he's cute!
This was not the chair he ate, but he sure loves to curl up any ol' chair or couch. I think we just need to get him his own. :)
The boys LOVE having a dog. And they don't come sweeter than Marley. Ben can lay all over him and he doesn't even flinch!
Due to his extra snacking, we decided to move him from the carpeted office where he was sleeping to the dining room. We bought a long baby/pet gate, and now he has his own little area to sleep. We were going to put this up any way in a couple months when Emma began to crawl. Now she will have her safe space, and Marley will have his!
We haven't been unpacking as much as we should, but James put a good dent in our messy garage, we organized our living room, and I finally got all the boxes out of our master bed and bathroom! It is slowly coming together. :) Not stressing about it...at all.

1 comment:
Such a cute dog! Julia would be/is jealous. She wants a dog sooo bad but I'm just not up for the responsibility yet. The house is looking awesome. That gate is perfect for that space. Keeps the kids out of the kitchen when you don't want them in there too. Does this mean you don't need the other gate? I don't plan on ever getting rid of my gates so if you ever need to borrow them let me know. And since you are doing field trips maybe Savanna and I can do more sewing together. :)
Post a Comment