After our visit with my sister, I had the privilege of attending a sealing at the Los Angeles Temple. How amazing it is to be reminded of that sacred ordinance and the many, many blessings associated with it! Congrats to my dear friends Anna and Phil, and their beautiful boys. Besides our sealing to Savanna, I had never witnessed a sealing of parents to their children. There was not a dry eye in the room when those cute boys were brought in all in white and held their parents hands as they were united for eternity. It doesn't get better than that. :)
We also had a fun visit with James' Mom and nephew before heading home. Grandma Kathleen was finally able to give Ben his birthday present- a Foosball Table! You know what we have been playing at our house ever since!
It's a tabletop one and fits perfect on the coffee table! And these boys have skills! I have not won a game yet...and I'm seriously trying!!
And Emma loved the Foosball Table box!
We set up Emma's pack n' play in the living room. To my surprise she will play happily in there with her toys for over an hour at a time! What a blessing to be able to occasionally cook dinner or clean up. I am still weary of putting her on our porcelain tile. Once she gets a little more suave with the crawling, we can let her cruise the house. It is just inevitable that at some point her cute, little face will make contact with the hard floor! Being a baby is rough!
Thank goodness for the play pen and Foosball Table because after losing an entire week due to sickness, I had a lot of catch up to do this week! We finally got the house in order, and got back on our schedule today. I have a love/hate relationship with our schedule. I have found that without the schedule the kids fight, act crazy, are less productive, and destroy my house. For those reasons, I LOVE the schedule. But, after having a sick baby who now thinks she should still wake up every hour to nurse and play and needing to get up at 6:30 am sharp to start the schedule...you see the hate part, right?
We take many short breaks throughout the year with our home school, so even though it's summer and it's beautiful outside (But let's face it, it's pretty much beautiful ALL the time here! Yes, I'm bragging again!), we spent most of the week working on papers, reading stories, and practicing phonics. Bradley has a new found love for the dictionary. He has learned how to look up words in alphabetical order, and he will just flip through the pages saying, "Wow, I've always wondered what compassion meant!" He has taken a liking to diacritical marks (Don't I sound smart? The things you learn when you home school.) so he can learn the proper pronunciation as well. Did you know a macron is the line that goes over a vowel to indicate it has a long sound and a breve is the little half circle over a vowel that has a short sound? We just learned that this week. I would say it was useless knowledge, but I've seen my 7 year old use it this week to pronounce new words!
Savanna is busy getting ready for Girl's Camp next week, and then Youth Trek a couple weeks later. She is also busy with her sewing. She is working on two dresses and a matching handbag right now. I can't wait to show you her masterpieces when they are completed!
Yes, I am still running and really, really liking it! My body craves it now, and after a week of laying around I thought I'd be in trouble but I started up my running on Monday and I feel as strong as ever!
We have been cooking some great summer recipes lately! We made Hawaiian Shish Kabobs on the BBQ last night. Really, really good.
And Peanut Butter cookies. Just had to show these two items off because they look so good- and tasted really good also!
These were made with whole wheat, agave, and carob chips. They turned out really good despite the health factor. And let me tell ya, that is not any easy feat!
And lastly...
Savanna took the boys outside for a photo shoot the other morning. Here are a few of her best shots:
Ben's new birthday outfit from Jackie...he's worn it about 5 times since he got it in the mail last week!
That's it for this week! Off to read and sleep, and then do it all over again!! But you know I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
June 9 - 15, 2011

2 comments:
Glad it fits and he likes it! Savanna sews that much huh? Geez - I take shirts to the tailor for a button!!!
How sweet your family is Holli, and Savanna is going to town with the sewing, I'm so proud of her. I can't believe how much the kids are growing and that baby is a doll face.
Post a Comment