Happy Belated Father's Day to all you fathers that read my blog...so Happy Father's Day probably to no one. Not even my husband reads my blog. He thinks he knows everything that goes on in our house...if he read the blog, he might say differently!
At any rate, we had several sickies in our house on Father's Day so we stayed home from church, watched movies, played games, and ate an abundant amount of food that I would not usually feel comfortable serving my family including homemade biscuits and gravy, brownies, and breakfast burritos. All were requested by my hubby, and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone! But, I'm glad Father's Day only comes around once a year or we would all be in trouble (I did try to infuse a little bit of "health" into his requests by putting turkey bacon in the breakfast burritos and serving them in whole wheat tortillas...there wasn't much I could do for the brownies and biscuits though!).
My creative son...who is always doing something unusual with his food. Here is what was left of his breakfast burrito.
Savanna just returned from Girl's Camp, and will be leaving us again next week for her Youth Trek. Here is the pioneer costume that she made and will be wearing for three days as they hike/walk through the Santa Barbara mountains pulling handcarts and reliving the lives of the pioneers. I think she looks absolutely adorable. She, of course, is mortified. It's not just the outfit, it's the walking ten miles a day and not being allowed make-up, or even a mirror, that is bothering her! I hope that she and the other youth can put aside their vanities and complaints and really enjoy this Trek. I've heard from others that have done similar activities that it builds character, gratitude, and testimonies, and they will never forget it in their life. We shall see!
Well, that has been the last two weeks. We are all well again (thankfully!), sleeping better, doing a bit of school and a bit of summer, and looking forward to having some family visit us in July. Happy Summer everyone!!
June 19 - 29, 2011

1 comment:
I love the things you do with your kids and family! What a wonder you are Holli... and Savannah is super darling in her pioneer outfit! love your blog
love ya
Diane
Post a Comment