"I can't believe we live here!" is a common phrase James and I find ourselves saying. The central coast is probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever experienced and we feel so fortunate to live here!
Inspired by some of our homeschooling families, we have decided to get out each week with the kids and explore a bit. We went to Solvang today and hiked (if you can call walking uphill hiking, which at this point in our exploring, we do!) up to Nojoqui Falls. It was very pretty.
Afterwards we were fortunate enough to meet the house manager of the Solvang Festival Theater, an outdoor theater in the heart of Solvang that can accomodate 700 people! She asked us if we would like to volunteer on show nights a few times a year and in return we would get to see the productions for free. Sweet deal :) She even showed us backstage and told Savanna about some opportunities to audition for some roles in their upcoming shows. The people here are so real and so nice.
Lastly, we hit up two small museums in Solvang. The Hans Christian Andersen museum (did you know that guy wrote 212 tales???) and the Elverhoj museum that featured local art and history.
Super, great day. Now we are home for quick naps before gymnastic classes and church meetings!

2 comments:
Glad to see you're getting out and about, too. Your kids are younger than ours, but not ALL of our adventures are as tough as these most recent we've blogged about. Maybe we'll enjoy a day out together sometime.
That sounds great. Hey, I want to order your book. I tried ordering it through your site, but I couldn't find the link to pay for it through Paypal.
Post a Comment