Yes, Benjamin is on a mission to see how much he can hurt himself, freak me out, and spend out of James' paycheck.
Today he fell off a bar stool onto the tile in our kitchen. I just saw the chair go back and heard the "smack". I went around the corner and he was laying right on his face. When he looked up, the first thing I noticed (besides the blood and swelling lip) was that his left front tooth was now displaced and slightly twisted in front of his right front tooth. Upon further investigation I found that he had cut open his lip (hence the blood and swelling), had pushed a few of his teeth up into the gum line, and forced that left tooth to protrude. Also, the right tooth is loose and most likely will fall out.
We called the dentist and he said to give him ibuprofen and popsicles (he's loving this treatment plan), and to just watch for infection. They will see him on Tuesday, due to the Memorial Day holiday. He also got a blessing and was told that he and his teeth would be okay.
It could have been MUCH worse. Hopefully by morning it will look even better. I will try to get another picture and post it then. If anyone has any clue as to what I'm supposed to learn from these experiences, please let me know. I'd love to learn this lesson and be done with it! (or maybe this is Ben's lesson to learn, and I am just along for the ride?!?)

1 comment:
poor little one.. Thayne chipped his front tooth on a cement stair case when he was 18 months it was horrific!!! I still feel bad about it but I never take the kids to ride their bikes alone ever again... Just traumatize me. Yogurt pops work great and help the swelling.:) Hope it heals fast.xoxo
Post a Comment