My little niece is 4 weeks already today! Savanna and I were able to go down and visit her again this past Thursday and Friday. She is so cute, and very feisty as her Mama calls it. She has gained several pounds and has the chubbiest cheeks and thighs! I was able to cuddle with her a lot, and there is nothing sweeter than the feel of a newborn laying on your chest with her relaxed breathing and cute noises and grunts.
As cute as she is though, I have to say that my bout of baby fever is officially over. Watching my sister with her for two days brought to my remembrance how much work a newborn is! It's funny because my sister use to watch my three kids occasionally, and afterwards she would tell me that I was her birth control. At one point she even told me, "I can't believe you do this every day! You're crazy!" Those exact words went through my head as I watched her feed the baby, rock the baby, change the baby, hold the baby, feed the baby again, change the baby again and again and again! Man! I may be content with just three...but we shall see! At any rate, work or no work, Sofi is adorable, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her (and you too Heath!).

No comments:
Post a Comment