Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our Tree

Well, we decorated our house minimally for Christmas today. The kids really wanted to put up the tree. With all the packing we have to do I wasn't that excited about taking things OUT of boxes, but it is Christmas next week! So we compromised: The tree and ONE tote of Christmas decorations came out of our storage. We ended up choosing a good box. It had plenty of ornaments for the tree, our lights, our Nativity scenes, and our stockings! What else do we really need?

Bradley built his own stable out of his blocks and then added his wooden Nativity scene. You can't see it in the picture, but he put the wooden star up high so it was like it was in the sky. :)

The baby was really fussy today (fussy for Emma just means that she wants to be held and nursed a lot), so Bradley and Benjamin put together the tree with almost no help from me! I just made sure the branches were secure and put the feet on the trunk! I never thought we'd be a family that did the fake tree- so ghetto, right? But Brad had a terrible hay fever attack last time we brought a real tree in the house, so this will have to suffice. And honestly, once it is all decorated, it doesn't look too shabby!


The final product, complete with presents (courtesy of the Gatto family!). I'm still in a bit of shock at seeing six stockings hung up! Our family sure has grown!


Now that it is done, I am happy we made the extra effort. I forgot how much I love the Christmas lights on the tree at night. Emma is really enjoying them too. Now we are festive. Thanks to everyone who guilted me into it. :)

December 13, 2010

No comments: