Well, James and I finished our current workout program today! We have one recovery week, and then we are going to start a program called Power 90. It is a 90 day program that mixes cardio and weight training. It is with our favorite trainer, Tony Horton, and will be our warm up before we conquer P90X again at the end of the year!
Already we are feeling so much stronger than we were 4 weeks ago. The scale has not shown much difference for me, but we will be re-taking our measurements next week and that is much more accurate at illustrating success than the ol' scale! I will post my results then. :)
James and I also both started health and fitness accountability groups on Facebook this week to help us share our goals and get feedback from others (see the link on the right under My Other Websites). If you aren't added, let me know and I will add you. Sharing your goals in any sort of public forum makes you much more likely to stick with them! I know I have been talking up the working out and eating right, so I best be getting HOT very soon or people will be wondering (and asking me about it)!
We are enjoying our Beachbody coaching endeavor so far. I haven't had as much time to devote to it as I would like, but it has been fun helping people get excited about taking care of themselves and finding programs that work for their level of fitness and lifestyle. We can all get hot together. :)

I did have a chance to post a few new recipes on my food blog! Check them out. Here are the boys' breakfast fruit kabobs. It's interesting that if you make eating fun, kids will eat just about anything.

Update on our little Emma: Emma will be one in less than 2 weeks! She is growing so fast, and seems to learn something new every day. She is saying several new words including: Wow, Hi, No (well, she shakes her head No), and Mmmm (not technically a word, but if you ask her if she wants food, she says Mmmm). She stands pretty good and even let go yesterday and took one step before grabbing for something else to hang on to! She just got really good at crawling, and rarely falls on this silly floor anymore, so I am not really looking forward to her learning to walk and falling down a lot again!
She is eating more and more each day, and is now up to 3 meals a day in addition to her milk. I still have her just eating fresh fruits, greens, and juices. I have a couple more fruits and greens to introduce, and then I will start with some lightly steamed veggies and possible homemade brown cereal. Just taking it slow and letting her get the hang of it all!
She is still sleeping through the night! And, I have finally made it back to church on Sunday. It was pretty rough having her miss her morning nap, but she survived and slept great in the afternoon and all night long that night. We are still very much enjoying having a baby around again. I can't really get much done during her awake hours- she is INTO EVERYTHING- but she is so sweet, and so darn cute!!

I love how she holds her pretend phone upside down every time we tell her "hi."
The boys are getting pretty suave on their scooters. They can do all sorts of tricks. Their knees look like they've been beaten, but they are improving their mad skills! They have really been enjoying playing with all the neighborhood kids this summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment