A couple Benjamin stories: I have to try to remember to write more of what this kid says. Really, he is so incredibly funny. He has two common phrases he says a lot. One is that he says "guess what?" in between every sentence. So his stories will go something like: "Hi Mom. Guess what? I was riding my bike, and guess what? I was pedaling so fast and the bike was shaking, and guess what? I didn't even fall off!" The other thing he says is "Well..." in kind of a slow, Southern drawl. The thing about a Benjamin "Well..." is that you never know what is coming after the "Well..."
For instance, I have a rule for the boys when they are riding their scooters in the front yard. If no one is out there to supervise them, they have to come in every 5 minutes or so and check in with me. Bradley agreed immediately to this stipulation. I turned to Ben who responded, "Well...I'm not going to check in because I'm just going to forget. So when Bradley checks in, he's checking in for both of us!" At least he's up front about it.
Or if I ask how the kids like dinner and it's not their "thing," Savanna will usually reply, "It's not my favorite." Bradley will usually say something like, "It's not my favorite either, but I'll eat it because we don't waste food, right Mom?" (My little teacher's pet). Ben: "Well...it's disgusting and I'm not eating that!"
I took him out on a date today and I asked him if he wanted to get a burger or go to Subway. He says, "I'm trying to eat healthy these days because I want my body to be strong so we should probably go to Subway." I agreed that that sounded like a good plan. "Do you want to know why I need to be strong?" he continued in a very serious, straight-forward tone. "Well...I need to be strong because I'm going to be a spy and super hero when I grow up."
I am excited that he is health-conscious...whatever the reason! Speaking of health, I received my first promotion from Beachbody this past week! And, I am pushing through our Power 90 program and continuing with my running. I've dropped several pounds, and even had to get rid of some clothes that were too big- now that is FUN! I am going to start a little blog about my fitness and health journey (because I need something else to do, right?). No really, it will be brief updates and it is already attached to my Beachbody profile so it will be easy to access and share. I'll keep you all posted when I figure it out! In the mean time, let me know if any of you (or your friends or family) are interested in my free coaching services. It's been really fun to help and encourage others. James has signed up to be a coach as well for any of the men out there that want some support from another guy. He is trying to get as fit as possible in case he goes to the Academy in October. So join us as we get in shape together! Leave me a comment if you want to know more, or check out our websites on the right-hand panel. :)
P.S.

After our date at Subway, Ben and I took Emma to the park. She loved playing in the sand and watching the other kids. Ben recently learned to swing all by himself and swung for over 30 minutes. I think that might have helped me in my decision about getting a small swing set for our yard. :)
September 14, 2011

No comments:
Post a Comment