Monday, May 25, 2009

Homemade Strawberrry Jam





I will post the recipe for this on my food blog! Savanna and I were feeling very domestic today. We've never made homemade jam, but with the help of google, YouTube, advice from a friend, and very clear instructions on the Pectin package, we ended up making two different kinds of jams that made twenty 8oz servings! We'll definitely be giving some away, but we made the easy freezer strawberry jam that you can keep in freezer for up to a year! Savanna, our little entrepreneur, says she might make a few more batches and try to sell them! Seriously good stuff. Check out our food blog for the exact recipe: http://www.dinnerwiththewyetts.blogspot.com/ (or the sites where I stole the recipes, I should say!).

5 comments:

Andersons and sons said...

We are starting to do this too!! I got those same containers for Keynan's baby food...

JenPB said...

TOO funny! This must be THE YEAR for rediscovering canning! The girls and I had a heyday with our first effort. Had TOO many strawberries, so now we have strawberry jam (with and without boxed pectin), strawberry-kiwi jam and straberry-lemon marmalade - enough to last us a year AND give away! :)

What's next? (We'll be doing blackberries in July!)

Powers Fam said...

Ooh, blackberry jam sounds good! So I think we just ran out of Strawberry jam and if Savannah is going to sell some let me know before I hit the store. Can't be without our PB&J's!

I picked our first zucchini's the other day. Love having the garden. Not so happy about having to pull weeds.

pel923 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pel923 said...

Still waiting for my jar of jam!!