Sunday, July 12, 2009

Speaking of Bradley...

Taken in March, 2009

Taken today, July 12, 2009

Can you even believe this is the same kid? This first picture was taken less than four months ago. Bradley was diagnosed with a condition that caused holes to form in his intestinal tract which in turn led to multiple allergies and also multiple nutrient deficiencies. We have been on a very strict diet for close to 5 months and ton of vitamin supplements. His latest blood work up showed that he only had one nutrient deficiency left, and that was iron. I've had him on a special iron supplement for approximately 2 weeks and look at the difference in his skin tone!

This is the product of much prayer and diligence on my part, but really it is also a testament that the body can heal itself with proper nutrition, and vitamins and minerals. I have also been giving him daily green smoothies which I know are contributing greatly to his recovery. I can't even express to you all in words how relieved I am! We still have a long road ahead, and this diet makes me want to pull my hair out some days, but the pay off is way worth it! In about another month or so, I will be able to start reintroducing some of the foods he is allergic to one at a time to see if he is still reactive or not. The whole process will probably take a little over a year. I'm hoping after that with some daily supplements and caution, he can eat what he wants (for the most part) and live a normal life. Keep the prayers and good vibes coming our way!

2 comments:

pel923 said...

I'm amazed at the difference - looks like two different little boys. WELL DONE!!!!!!!!! I know it wasn't easy.

xoxo

Andersons and sons said...

I am so thankful that all your hard work and diligence has paid off.. Keep up the good work!!! What an amazing story you have to share as well!!