Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blog Strike is Over!


Well, I haven't really been on a blog strike per say...my time has just been completely occupied the last two weeks and today is my first chance to "catch up."

Our family has been sick for about a week and a half of these past two weeks. Nothing serious, just the sniffles, sore throats, and aches that slow you down. Of course, we can't all get sick at once and be done with it. We each took our turn, had to rest, and then the next person in line would get it- you know the drill! But, we are almost completely on the mend. Savanna is the last in line, and she will hopefully be better within the next day or two.

So, with my limited pictures, I will post the events of our two past weeks- although we were sick, it forced us to stay home and we accomplished some GREAT tasks and goals around the house. I'm excited to share with you the results!

Other activities these past 2 weeks (with no photos-sorry!):
  • We are still working on our garden. We are down to snap peas, kale, collard greens, onions, bell pepper, and a few zucchini- once it all dies out, we are going to start over!
  • Savanna is still very much enjoying being a part of Young Womens. They are planning a temple trip where she will be able to do baptisms for the first time! We have been working hard on our genealogy, so she will have 10 names to bring to the temple.
  • James and I are just finishing week 7 of our P90X program- we are just about half way- I will post our 60 day results in about 10 days!
  • We are still learning to do new things around here- our adventure this week has been making homemade yogurt (it is setting up right now- if it's good, I'll post it on our dinner blog), working on another set of curtains, and creating the "ultimate" Thanksgiving menu!
  • We have been continuing our weekly library trips. I spent some time yesterday and created a Christmas Reading List. Similar to an Advent calendar, we will read a different Christmas story and sing a Christmas Hymn each day in December until Dec. 25th. On Christmas, like always, we will read the story of Christ's birth in the New Testament. Should be a fun tradition to start with the kids. Any "must" Christmas reads?
Now on to the rest!

No comments: