LASTS:
The kids had their last soccer games! We all really enjoy soccer season, but with 3 kids, 3 practices, and 2-3 games per week, I really enjoy when it is over too! The boys had a blast, and Savanna's team did very well in their final games.
Savanna had her last art class. She really has a talent for drawing. I hope that is something she chooses to pursue. Thanks to Andy, our local artist and teacher!
FIRSTS:
Savanna had her first sewing lesson this week with our good friend Diane. Savanna is making decorative pillows for Christmas gifts this year using her new sewing machine. Diane is also helping me make some curtains for my bedroom- I will post the results!
Savanna played the piano for the first time at a baptism this Saturday! I was very proud of her. She got a call late Friday night that a pianist was needed the following afternoon. We had soccer games until noon, so she had about 2 1/2 hours to learn and practice the opening and closing hymns! She did a great job too!!
The REST:
James and I had another Classic Colloquium this week where we discussed Louis L'Amour's book "The Lonesome Gods." I am learning how to properly read a book for the first time in my life! What I mean is that I'm learning how to read a book, take helpful knowledge or advice from it, and actually apply it to my life- concept, right??!?? We will be reading the gospels for our December meeting.
The family took the day off on Thursday and went to see MJ's "This Is It" flick. We all enjoyed it very much. He was a little bit odd, but man his music is good, and very nostalgic! Afterwards we hit the used bookstore and spent too much money on some great books! We are currently looking to by the Encyclopedia Britannica's Great Books of the Western World. It's a 54 volume set of some of the greatest works (fiction and non-fiction) ever put into print. Any leads??
Add in gardening, library, schooling, and shopping and, yep, that's our week in a nut shell! I will take more pics next week-hopefully!
11/02- 11/8/2009

No comments:
Post a Comment