All of our kids are pretty funny (it's hard not to be with parentage like they have!). I just found a journal I kept from the time Savanna was three until she was about six. I had forgotten how hilarious and spunky she was as a toddler! We have all been cracking up as we read these Savanna stories. Bradley can be very funny...but he's not "ha ha" funny. He's kind of our pensive, six going on sixty, funny kid. Benjamin...well...I need to start recording more of what this kid says. He's from another planet...I haven't figured him out quite yet, but he sure does make me laugh!
Let's see, we were swimming with some friends and Bradley jumped into the water on to Benjamin, kneeing him in the face. It looked pretty painful, and Ben's nose even bled, so as you can imagine Ben was pretty upset. We kept trying to explain to him that it was an accident but when you hurt Benjamin, he is always insistent that it was on purpose. There are NO accidents in Ben's reality. James was getting sick of him brooding over this episode (and making Bradley feel really terrible), and he looks at Ben and says, "Ben, knock it off! Do you want to know what it really feels like to have someone intentionally knee you in the face?" Ben looks at him as if he is a total idiot, and declares, "I already do! Bradley did that just yesterday!" Duh!
We have been having some troubles with our eldest child as she enters the teen years. Let's just say it's been very "fun" around here. I was having a particularly hard day with her, and I looked over at Ben and said, "What am I going to do with her?" He doesn't hesitate for one second. He simply says, "Sell her. We should sell her and get a new Savanna. One that isn't so lazy." I had to inform him that we don't sell our children. He just shrugged and gave me a look of pity as if to say, "Alright, don't listen to me. See what happens."
All of our children have such confidence in themselves and their ideas. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but James and I can't figure out how they've acquired this. They just know EVERYTHING. It's truly amazing. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment