Saturday, May 15, 2010

Getting Ready for Emma

This week was completely consumed by house projects. Since we will be in our condo when the baby arrives and my nesting instinct has officially kicked in, we started to make room for our new little addition! I am 25 weeks along now- almost into my third and final trimester! The time really has gone by quickly. We have felt that we would be having another girl for quite some time. We named her over three years ago and have talked about her frequently, so it feels so natural that she will be joining our family, and we can't wait to finally meet her!

We have a two-story, 3 bedroom condo. One smaller bedroom is downstairs, and then the master and a larger bedroom is upstairs. We decided to move the boys from the larger upstairs bedroom into the smaller downstairs bedroom. Then Savanna and Emma will be in the larger bedroom right next to me which will be much more convenient for night feedings (plus, there was no way to fit a crib or all of the baby's stuff in that downstairs bedroom with all of Savanna's stuff!). We also moved some things out of our bedroom to make room for a bassinet for the first couple of weeks.

This was a project! But, it forced us to go through all the children's things. We had a few bagfuls for the Good Will, and miraculously everything fit and looks great!

The boys new room: This is kind of a little miracle. They had a bigger room and a closet that was a least 3 times as big, and somehow all of their stuff fit in this smaller space- and they love it!






Emma's side of the closet: Through generous friends and some of Savanna's stuff that I managed to save over the years, this girl already has a dresser full of clothes, plus more in a hanging clothes organizer, and two boxes full on top of that! She is going to be set. :)



Emma and Savanna's Room: I want to get those pretty wooden letters with the ribbons and hang each of their names over their beds. We have the boys' old porta-crib here, but Grandma is buying Emma a new girlie one- it will fit perfect and matches Savanna motif really nicely!




A BIG thanks to my darling husband. I helped as much as I could, but mostly my job this week was "director." He was very patient with all of my requests. He had four days off, and was busy every second of them! But, we are almost done with all the reorganizing, and I am feeling MUCH better. My showers begin next week, and then I can figure out any last minute stuff I need to buy or prepare. It's going to be great!

May 11- May 14, 2010

No comments: