Saturday, March 19, 2011

Emma Emma Bo Bemma

I took Emma to her 6 month check up this week. She is perfect, of course. A whopping 18 lbs and 28 inches long, she is in the 70th percentile for weight and the 80th percentile for height! We are holding off on starting solids for several reasons. First, she is definitely getting plenty of nourishment! Second, the doc says with our family history of allergies it is better to wait until closer to 9 months to introduce foods (after our issues with Brad, that's what I did with Benjamin and he has had no signs of any allergies). Third, there is a ton of research that supports that until a baby has teeth, they do not have the digestive maturity to eat solid foods. With the teeth come several enzymes needed to properly digest foods and prevent allergies and other problems. Totally makes sense to me. When a child is ready to move on to that stage teeth grow to enable him to chew and absorb his food efficiently, right? God thought of everything! Emma doesn't have any teeth and isn't even showing signs of teething, so it's a liquid diet for her for a bit longer!


And here is my $30 craigslist find- Emma's new crib set!






This set was immaculate! I couldn't believe she was selling it all for so cheap. It's absolutely perfect, and Emma loves it. It even came with soft, velvety sheets. She is super spoiled now. :)

We received this crib for free from a friend at church. I love the big drawer in the bottom. Overall, I say we scored!

March 15- 17, 2011

1 comment:

Diane's Photography said...

Emma is so darling! I love her new home wears! Darling!!!