With our master bedroom and closet done, we tackled the kids' room and closet this week. It was a BIG project, but the end result is awesome. We moved in so quickly that we didn't have a chance to put everything where we wanted it. Plus we have discovered through our weekly projects that the previous owners were not very suave in the way of home improvements (and that is an understatement!). James had to take down all the shelves in the kids' walk-in closet, straighten them, and re-install them in studs. He added another shelf, plus some hooks to hang jackets and backpacks, shuffled around some furniture, and we organized all the kids' toys in clear totes. Now they have plenty of space for their clothes, a reading nook for the boys, and a changing station for Emma. Yeah, we're feeling pretty proud of ourselves. :)
We also worked in the garage quite a bit. We unpacked another 15 boxes or so, put aside several bags for the Good Will, organized, organized, and then organized some more... and set up Savanna's craft nook. There is still a lot of work to do out there and plenty of boxes left to go through, but it was a great start!
We also hung all of our pictures and art on our walls- finally! I think we've lived with bare walls so long, that I'm not sure if I like it. The rooms seem very busy now...I'll give it a week or two and see if I want to change it up.
It was a REALLY hot week here. After all the rain, it kind of took us by surprise. We headed to the beach on the hottest day...it was better there, but still too hot. We are pretty spoiled. But since we have pretty perfect weather most days and no air conditioning, our house was very uncomfortable, especially our second story. My poor, little girl did not like it. She did not sleep well (worse than usual- which is really bad!), and I finally stuck her in the sink with some cool water! I love those little rolls. Only a baby can get away with chunky thighs like that!!
All that plus studies, having the missionaries over for dinner, going to the dog park, the library, and grocery shopping- I can't seem to get this simplifying thing down. I keep thinking, "once we are unpacked, I can relax," or once I'm finished with this or that... but there will always be a this or that, won't there? Oh, well. It was a good week. We enjoyed General Conference immensely today, and are looking forward to two more great sessions tomorrow. So, I guess I am getting my "rest" this weekend after all. :)
Happy Weekend, Everyone!
March 29, 2011

1 comment:
That closet is huge! It's practically a fourth bedroom. Great job on the home improvements. I love her craft nook. What project is she working on?
Post a Comment