Emma is becoming extremely animated lately, and busy, busy, busy! She grabs at anything and everything in her reach. The other night we were out to dinner and she grabbed my tall glass of water and threw it off the table! I love to watch her discover new things. She purses her lips together when she is concentrating very hard- it is the cutest thing. I can't seem to concentrate when she is in the room. My brain just turns to mush and all I can do is admire her. I remember feeling this way with all my babies, but there is something sweet and special about this little girl. We are thoroughly enjoying her.
James set up her high chair yesterday. Even though she isn't eating in it yet, we thought it would be a good idea to get her used to it. She loves to sit at the table with us and play with her toys. We have to get more of those toys that suction to the table top- those are ingenious!
Emma loves her Daddy. She started saying "Da Da Da" the other night. James sat straight up in bed with the biggest grin on his face. She's been saying "Ma ma ma" for about a month, and he was feeling totally jealous!
And now...the Emma Reel:
This week we actually unpacked some boxes- 12 of them! James cut us more custom shelves for our master bedroom closet, and we unpacked a bunch of books and personal items. I even have empty shelves left! We are going to try to be completely unpacked and have the garage set up as play/school room by the time James starts his new post May 2nd. It's a lofty goal, but it will feel SO good to have that done.
And here's my cute husband, grilling on our new portable BBQ. He's making our weekly burgers- this week they were grilled pineapple, Teriyaki burgers- Yum! We'll be taking our BBQ to the beach often this summer, but we are breaking it in at home first.
And here's our Benbo, finishing off the pineapple juice!
Overall, it was a fairly successful week in the Wyett household. Off to do some yoga, and hit the sack. :)
March 21 - 27, 2011

2 comments:
Pretty sure I'm going to have to come up and kiss those little cheeks this summer! I don't think it's optional at this point! SOOOOO Stinkin' cute!
That would be fun- we'd love to see you girls!
Post a Comment