Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter, Everyone!

James is working 12 hours on Easter so like every other holiday, we celebrated early! We have had fun over the years finding that balance between keeping these sacred holidays focused on Christ and also letting the kids do some of the fun activities that go along with them. James prepared a really good lesson about the Holy Week and Easter. We all learned new things and have a greater respect for the entire week leading up to Easter, not just Easter itself. Palm Sunday, Jesus throwing the money changers out of the temple, His last sermons, the Last Supper, His Atonement, and His crucifixion all occurred just days before His resurrection on Easter Sunday. It was neat talking about these days and their significance with the children. They are all (minus Emma) at ages where we can have family gospel discussions with deeper questions and thoughts involved.


The gang with their goodies. After the lesson the kids looked for their baskets and eggs we had hidden around the house. The baskets were small and the gifts cute and fun. They each even received a chocolate bunny which disappeared within about 5 minutes of finding their baskets! This was the first Easter in about four years that Bradley was able to have real chocolate in his basket. That was fun to see him enjoy that.

With James and I recently buying new phones, we put little cell phones in the boys' baskets. Each has a pretend camera that makes the real "click" sound. They have been taking pictures of everyone and everything ever since! Wow, if I never here that noise again it will be too soon!!

Savanna recieved some hair accessories and curlers, plus Sour Patch Bunnies.

Dying the Eggs.


The Real Eggs...

The boys each had a dinosaur egg in their basket. You put them in water for a few days and the shells slowly crack and the dino hatches. They get up every morning and check their eggs. It said it would only take 12 to 24 hours...we are now on day 3 and they are still hatching...I guess we'll see!

The Fake Eggs...


Ben's dino.

Brad's dino.

And Emma has her gift...she's not too sure what she thinks about it. I can tell you what I think about it! Well, watch and see for yourself.

Happy Easter, everyone! I am looking forward to going to church tomorrow and hearing my boys sing about Christ and His resurrection. It truly is one of my favorite holidays. It is a holiday of hope. It is the "good" in the good news the gospel brings! I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

April 21, 2011

1 comment:

Diane's Photography said...

You Wyett family is awesome!!!