Saturday, April 16, 2011

Talents and Skills

I finally baked my own whole wheat bread. It was really easy (well, easy because my Kitchenaid kneaded the dough for me for the 20 minutes the recipe called for)! It has six ingredients: whole wheat, yeast, sea salt, olive oil, water, and honey. I will put this recipe on my dinner blog. I just need a bread slicer and bags to put my loaves in...any ideas?

My crafty best friend made this cute hanging decor for Emma. I finally got around to putting pics in it. Thanks Jax. Love you!


Savanna is working on what we call "Adult Skills." I've made her a binder with several skill check lists. There are child care, baking, cooking, scripture reading, menu planning/grocery shopping, and house cleaning lists so far. When she learns to do all the items on the skill list, she gets a reward associated with that list. For instance when she completes the menu planning/grocery shopping list (she has to plan our menus and do all the shopping, including paying, unpacking, and putting everything away for several weeks), she will get a gift card to any grocery store she wants to buy whatever she wants. When she finishes the baking list (I think she has to learn to bake 20 items on this list- 10 I picked, and 10 she picked), she gets to have a party and bake a bunch of treats for her friends. The goal is for her to learn all those important, adult skills that we don't necessarily learn in a classroom. She already can cook, clean, and take care of baby better than most adults I know!

The boys have been asked to sing "On a Golden Spring Time" during Sacrament meeting on Easter. Just the two of them! They are really excited (they love to sing and perform). They have been practicing every morning during our family devotional. I love their sweet voices. Happy almost Easter, Everyone!

April 10 - 16, 2011

2 comments:

Diane's Photography said...

you are just a bundle of cuteness Holli! The bread looks delicious, the craft photo hanging frames is darling, your kids are cute and what else can I say but you're the best!!! love ya

Andersons and sons said...

Holli I miss living near you!! You are so creative with Savanna. I think it is great what you are doing!!!! I mentioned to my neighbor your Adult skills approach! I love the boys singing... Super, Super cute!!