We hit the Labor Day sales yesterday and brought home a 12 ft trampoline for the kids (courtesy of Grandma Patti, Auntie Marsha, and Uncle Greggy)! It is a very early Christmas present, and they absolutely love it! It transformed our tiny, dirt yard from seriously lame to seriously cool! Honestly you can see it from the front yard and all the neighbor kids were standing in our driveway watching our kids jump. I wish I could say it was all fun but of course with my clan there has already been some minor injuries. The very first night (last night) Bradley managed to knee HIMSELF in the face! He woke up with a nice, little shiner. Then this morning Bradley jumped right on Benjamin's back! Oh thank goodness for the safety net!
It fits perfectly in the corner of our yard still leaving a good amount of space for either a small swing set or a small garden....I'm trying to think what would be more beneficial. Fresh, organic food is very beneficial. BUT the more entertainment my boys have outside, the more they will BE OUTSIDE. One is beneficial for the body, the other beneficial for the sanity. :)
Dad was such a sport- he came home after a day of shopping and put together the trampoline. All the kids pitched in- it was great to see them so excited to work together as a team.
Then he tortured them by being the first to jump on the trampoline! Ben was standing at the net hyperventilating and yelling, "Get out! I want to go on!"
We have 30 minutes of exercise time every morning right after seminary. Most days I have to drag them outside, and Savanna takes 20 minutes just to change clothes. Today I had to set the timer and make them stop after 30 minutes so we could get on with our day! We didn't get a lot of school work done...it was mostly a jumping day. :)
Poor Emma stood at the window and watched the fun all morning. They finally decided to let her in for a few minutes. She loved bouncing!
September 5-6, 2011
It was pretty dark by the time it was set up- you can't see too well, but you get the gist!

3 comments:
Awesome!!! We love ours and since the weather has finally cooled down we might getting some more jumping!!! I say it is a perfect tool for letting the wiggles out and toning that tummy!
I'm getting inspired, my kids do stuff too - maybe I should update my blog...someday...before 2012...but I hear we're all gonna be gonners, so what's the point? Oh good, I've rationalized my lazy behavior! ;)
Glad the kiddos are doing well and having fun!
ewww that trampoline looks super fun for the family...uh oh...is this the trampoline the dog chewed up (should I have mentioned that?) Aweeee...love your blog HOlli!
Post a Comment