This week has been super busy, and has just flown by. James was able to come home again last Saturday afternoon for about 24 hours. We even got out and saw a late night movie (The Three Musketeers- eh, it was cool but I like the Kiefer Sutherland/Chris O'Donnell version way better. It seems like movies these days are all about the special effects and totally neglect the plot...it's unfortunate).
Best of all James was able to see the boys perform in their Primary Program on Sunday. He hasn't been able to do that in over 3 years! They did wonderful singing their hearts out and both remembered their parts. Sundays have become the "sad day" around here because that's when Dad leaves again. We decided when he leaves we are going to make Sunday nights movie night. So we popped popcorn and watched "Enchanted" this week. It was very fun, and left the boys feeling happy again.
We finally finished watching General Conference this week! I have found that watching an hour at a time is great for the kids, and it also allows me to really absorb the information piece by piece. What a great conference. I love recording the general topics from each talk in my journal to see what the general "theme"of Conference seemed to be. This time I felt that the underlying message I was supposed to receive was the no matter what my Heavenly Father loves me. He knows me personally, and he is concerned for me and is aware of me. This has been a trying month for me, for sure. I have been through some rough times, and I would say that this experience now is right up there with some of them! However I have felt an abundance of God's love for me. I have been blessed greatly in many ways during James' absence, and am starting to learn some of the lessons I hoped to achieve while he is gone.
(On a funny note: during conference the camera panned across the panel of general authorities sitting up in the stand. Benjamin looks at me and says, "Wow, a lot of old people go to General Conference!")

We were able to get out and have some fun this week, too! We ran the Bob Jones Trail, got some of our favorite apple cider from Creekside Farm in See Canyon, and then stopped by Avila Barn to see the Fall decorations.


The boys still love to feed the animals. Emma was very interested in the animals this time too. She barked at most of them, but we eventually taught her to moo at the cow (see the video below)!

These guys were a riot!

The Barn has a really cool hay maze the kids love to run through. I think the boys went through it about 5 times before I coaxed them to leave!




They love the toy store at Avila barn too. Of course the boys wanted me to buy them everything and when I told them no they informed me this day wasn't very fun at all. It's amazing how the tide turns so quickly.



Bradley had his second piano lesson. Sister Smart was very impressed with how well he played his songs. She gave him 3 more songs to practice, along with two more new notes. He is still very excited!
Benjamin has not hurt himself at all this week (although he has hurt others...it's a work in progress). Emma is eating up a storm! I think she finally figured out that this eating thing is fun. So far her favorite snacks this week: scrambled eggs, rice bread, and kiwi. I love that she is eating more. Now if I can get her sleeping past 4 am and drinking almond milk from a cup, I will have a little more rest and freedom!

Savanna had her awards night for her Personal Progress Program. She borrowed this dress from a girlfriend, and got all dolled up. She sure is beautiful!




The Cultural Hall was decorated lovely. The theme was " The Red Carpet" so all the girls dressed fancy, and they served apple cider in champagne glasses with chocolate fountains and velvet cupcakes. It was a very nice evening. Savanna received a special award for being "The Most Prepared."

The girls.
Savanna is still attending seminary. She seems to be adapting to getting up so early, and has been diligently reading her scriptures every day. She was reading in Amos the other day and was talking about the scripture that says that God reveals His secrets to His prophets. She said she remembers this scripture mastery by thinking of Famous Amos cookies and picturing the prophet eating cookies. Ben yells, "His name is Anus?" Then Brad chimes in, "Who would name their kid after a butt??" Then Savanna laughed so hard that she fell on th floor! I'm really surprised we get any learning done here at all some days!!
James is coming home again in 2 days...
I CAN'T WAIT! :)
Ben feeding the goats.
Proof that babies don't need any special, fancy toys!
Emma meets the animals, up close & personal.
October 22 - 27, 2011

1 comment:
Catching up on your blog Holli is so much fun! You have a most wonderful family life!
love ya
diane
Post a Comment