
James left for the academy this past weekend. He headed out early Saturday to meet with some of the other cadets and check into his hotel. I drove the kids down later that day to have a sleep over with him so they could see where he would be staying and spend some last minute time with him. It was pretty hectic and cozy squeezing all 6 of us into his room, James was pretty stressed out, and we were all a bit emotional (some more than others)...but it ended up being a good thing. The kids swam and played in the yard, I was able to grocery shop and make James a lunch for his first day of "school," the baby even slept and napped! It was a good thing...until the last few minutes when we had to say goodbye and our sweet Bradley burst into tears and asked James if he could have a blessing so that he wouldn't miss him so much! That about did us all in.
The "up" side...James' room and hotel are awesome! They serve a free breakfast every morning, plus dinner 3 nights a week. There is a pool, jacuzzi, gym, game room, and library. It's very nice. Also the department forked over some extra money for him to have his own studio suite. That means we can come visit him when he can't get home, and he has some much needed quiet and privacy. I'm really glad that he will at least be comfortable in the evening and weekend hours.
.

The Dining Room

The Living Room

The Kitchen

The Bedroom

Good luck, Sweetheart! We love you so much and miss you something terrible already! We hope you feel our love and support. We know you are going to do awesome! Come home often!!

We also had to say goodbye to another family member this week. Our fish, Rexy, finally died. It was coming for awhile but seriously bad timing. Brad was all upset and tried to call James several times even though I told him he can't talk during the day anymore. Bradley also insisted on burying Rexy in the front yard and even made a little memorial in his fish bowl which he insists must stay on my kitchen counter. I'm giving him a week....it's a dang fish!
October 1 - 3, 2011

1 comment:
I will take that hotel:) I know you will look back on this and be glad you did it. It makes us stronger in the end!!! I hope you get all that you want to accomplished when James is away.. I'm not sure how some do it. My sis-in-law hubby works on the rigs and is gone 2 weeks out of every month. You will get a little more used to it. You might not like it but it will get a little easier I'm sure!
We are all rooting for you here!
Post a Comment