Thursday, June 11, 2009
A Day in Avila
We spent a great day in Avila Beach on June 1st. We started out at the Avila Barn where the kids got to feed the animals, and I picked up some produce. Then we met our home school group at the Bob Jones Bike Trail. This was my first attempt at taking the boys for a long bike ride- this trail is about 3 miles and ends at the beach. Brad and Savanna did great. Ben, however, rode his scooter for all of about 5 minutes and then complained of being tired. So I ended up carrying the scooter and walking with Ben for about a mile and an half before I made everyone turn around, and we walked back to the car. We then just drove over to the beach and played at the park with our home school friends. Oh well. It was worth a shot, and we all ended up with some very good, very needed, exercise! We will try it again in another year or so.




For the last two years there has been a big, beautiful cow at the barn. I was upset to find her missing on this visit...Where is Bessie and what have they done to her?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment