My beautiful niece, Sofia Isabella, had a Naming Ceremony last Saturday, June 13th. Heather and Nelson asked James to conduct the ceremony. He has unofficially become the family pastor (well, he is a priest, so it works out well). He did a wonderful job switching back between English and Spanish (see the video below). Nelson's family is from Chili and his grandma (who will turn 102 this year!) was present. She doesn't speak English, so she appreciated James' translation, and I thought it was a very successful and sweet ceremony. Not sure what a naming ceremony is? Play the video below and James explains it! Overall it was fun and relaxing afternoon. We love you, Sofi!
Savanna is a baby magnet...especially for Sofi!
The boys playing...
James conducting the ceremony...don't worry, I figured out it was sideways a few seconds in! He will be posting the entire ceremony in both English and Spanish on his blog- http://jameswyett.blogspot.com/. :)

2 comments:
So who is the God-father? Don't recognize him.
Oh how special and she is so sweet. I miss you guys and I love the imagine song!!!
Post a Comment