Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home School Trips and Park Days

The Natural History Museum in Santa Maria

Savanna, always the actress.






Ben was in-love this with stuffed cat....eeeww!


The kids really enjoyed this little museum. We spent a little over an hour there. They had some cool displays and a touch table which is always good for curious 4 and 5 year-olds. It was small, but a little over an hour is a good amount of time in a museum with little ones. Plus, it's free! When we were done we headed over to meet our home school group- the SMILE group.


We are finding that Santa Maria is the place for parks! They have 26 parks- 26! This one is the Rotary Centennial Park. It is large with two playgrounds, a baseball field, and lots of cement for kids who want to ride their bikes.

These are called boffer swords. Some of our homeschooling gang made them out of pool noodles and duct tape. My boys totally flip over these whenever we have park days. The older boys are so kind to them, and sword play with them, pretending to die and everything. :) We are going to a boffer sword making activity this Saturday. Brad and Ben will soon have their own swords now...watch out!

1 comment:

Andersons and sons said...

Hey I really like all your posts on home schooling days!!! I've got great news for my Family and I. In two weeks I will no longer be working and I will be able to dedicate all time to my boys. Many months of prayer and a hard rough road.. I know how much dedication, perseverance and courage homeschooling takes. I admire you and I am glad I will not be going at this alone. For it has been my dream to do it:) I hope we can get together and do some activities together:)
The(snow/sand)sleds we got for the kids at big 5 in San Luis for $7!!!
We went to a secluded area we know about so we didn't have to worry of vehicles coming around. I was much more relaxed knowing that not motor anything was where we were at.
My boys and I did the Caterpillar hunting thing at my friends house. I think I learned more then them,lol. My friend says I can come back so they can learn more I would love to take ya with me next time:).
We have the caterpillars in metamorphosis right now! OK, sorry this is a novel and please don't check my grammar it's late!!