I love Easter. I think I like it even more than Christmas. For one, there is much less stress, and for two, the focus is on Christ and His resurrection. What happier message can you focus on? I thought a lot about my grandma who passed away last year. It brings me so much comfort to know that because of Christ, she lives. She will one day receive a glorified body, never to feel pain again, and I will be able to be with her throughout the eternities. Easter is the best holiday!
We talked with the kids a lot about the Easter message. Of course, we still colored eggs, did our hunts, and had some goodies. What is it about searching for hidden eggs that is so fun for kids? I remember my sister and I hiding the eggs over and over again for each other throughout the day. We got very creative! The boys had a big hunt at Grandma's house. They got eggs with dollar bills in them- I want to play that game! We had another hunt Easter morning at our house, too.
We took an Easter walk with the boys and had them find things that symbolized Christ's death and resurrection. Ben found a rock like the one that closed the sepulchre, and Bradley found a flower that symbolized that Christ lives.
We had a very mellow Easter Sunday. We had just returned home from our trip. James had to work, so the boys and I cuddled up and watched conference, played games, and relaxed. Bradley recorded some of his thoughts from conference. He told me that whenever he listens to conference he gets a really nice feeling in body. He is such a sweet boy.
I love to watch conference. I especially like to jot down the main idea of each message presented and compare them. Usually there is a theme that emerges. I try to take this theme to heart, and see how I can incorporate it into my life. It being Easter, many of the talks were about Christ, His mission, His death, and, of course, His resurrection. There were also several talks directed at mothers and fathers with words of wisdom regarding the raising of our families and the strengthening of our youth. This world is a crazy place. Our youth are the future leaders. I am grateful for the messages I heard today. I needed to hear them, and will take them seriously.

No comments:
Post a Comment