Friday, June 25, 2010

All the Rest

The rest of the week has been filled with cleaning and organizing projects (although we did get out to see Toy Story 3, play some soccer, send Savanna off to Girl's camp for the week, and have the missionaries over for dinner). We are still trying to make room for one more person in our little place. It's amazing to me how much stuff a little baby needs! I know this is my fourth time around, but I kept saying that I wasn't going to go all crazy and buy all the baby stuff again...but somehow between my nesting instincts and fear of not being prepared in some way, her stuff is now everywhere! We got quite a bit done this week though. I have a few other little projects and things to buy and then I think we really are set...until I remember something else! Two months to go- it will go by quick, and then I'll really be busy!

One of the projects we did this week was reorganize the toy and learning closets for the kids. They had so much stuff in there that it was a total wreck. So much so, that when I would ask them what they wanted to do they couldn't decide. The choices were overwhelming, and when they finally did decide it turned into a big mess! So we took some great advice from a friend and took about half of their toys and games away. We just packed them up in totes, and in a couple months we will rotate these toys back in and take out what is in there currently. We just did this yesterday, and today has been so fun. They have been playing with stuff they haven't played with in close to 6 months. Puzzles, games, Montessori activities- it's been great to see them so entertained. (I wish I would have taken a before and after picture of their learning closet. I can't even believe how much stuff we crammed in there!) We will definitely continue doing this. In a month or so when we rotate the toys, it will be like a mini Christmas. Simplifying really does bring peace of mind- even for children!




They were excited about completing their puzzle. They were jumping up and down and hugging each other- SO funny.

June 21-25, 2010

1 comment:

Heather Serrano said...

You were supposed to see Karate Kid! What about my bonus?!