Friday, June 4, 2010

Card Sharks

The boys have really been into playing cards lately. They will play for several hours a day. I like it especially because they have gotten in the habit of doing this in the early morning hours. It keeps them quiet, and allows me to sleep in a bit- much appreciated! I taught them how to play War and Crazy Eights. They also love Old Maid and Go Fish, but their absolute favorite is Uno. And they've gotten quite good at it! I played Uno twice with Brad the other day, and he kicked my butt in a short amount of time. :)



James, Savanna, and I have been playing cards at night too. Our favorite game is Gin Rummy. Savanna is a novice, and I think James and I are a little too competitive to play with her. We argue over whose turn it is to sit next to her because she inevitable gives away dozens of points per round by putting down the wrong cards. Whoever sits next to Savanna, wins! Oh well. It's still fun.

No comments: