It seems we have weeks that are overflowing with activities, and then weeks where we sit around at home and stare at each other. This is the last post of the night, and then I am out of pictures!

I am officially 20 weeks- half way!! James and I have decided to go ahead and get an ultrasound. If we can find out the sex, we will let you all know. If not, I guess we will all be surprised! Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. I stopped throwing up in the mornings about a week ago, so that's a definite improvement. Am starting to feel rather large and uncomfortable, but that comes with the territory, I guess. We are still very excited. Babies are so wonderful. :)
My boys have been super affectionate with each other lately, which is unusual. Normally, they are beating the crap out of each other. I think I like this better. :)
I know I totally ripped on the little Dirt Devil vacuum in a recent post, but I have to say it is the perfect size and weight for little kids to use. My boys argue over who is going to vacuum. Sometimes the living room will get vacuumed three times in one day! Even though it doesn't clean really good if you vacuum three times a day, the place is looking pretty good. So, if you have competitive, compulsive children this may be worth your $50 after all!
I am not a super fast food junkie, however, certain other members of my family are. I found this book at the library called "Fast Food Fix" by Devin Alexander. It was written by a catholic lady who spent her entire youth ditching mass and eating at the Wendys next to the church. She developed a great love for fast food, and also gained 200 lbs! As an adult she tried dieting, but always found that she couldn't go very long without her fast food fix. So she spent months compiling recipes that taste very much like her favorite fast food items, but are much healthier and lower in calories. We've tried out a couple, and we are pretty impressed. This is her version of the Big Mac. We made it with free-range, lean beef patties, low-fat mayo in the sauce, and added some mixed greens instead of the usual iceberg. It was definitely a hit with the boys!
We have discovered the beauty of thrift stores lately. We were able to find Savanna a darling Easter dress (it seriously looked as if it had never been worn) for $5.99! The matching jacket was $5.99 as well. You can't beat that! The boys wanted to pick out something too, and so for a $1.99 they each got a shirt. Ben is sporting his here- he likes to say "Feed Me!" in a deep, growling voice. But seriously, don't knock the thrift stores. You have to dig a little, but there is some definite finds!

2 comments:
That burger looks so delish!!! I love a good hamburger. I have wanted to go thrift store shopping forever! That's where I got my piano. And I waited for the 40% day to buy it so I got it even cheaper. ;). Yay for ultrasounds!!! I hope you can tell boy or girl.
Post a Comment