As most of you know, our family belongs to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our church is unique in many ways, but one of them is that members of the congregation take turns speaking on assigned spiritual topics in our main service (The Sacrament), and also in our Sunday School classes and other classes. The children are included in this opportunity. They each have a class, according to their age, that they attend each Sunday and everyone gets a chance to speak in front of his peers about the monthly theme. I think it is great to have the kids exposed to public speaking at such a young age. I also love that they are given spiritual topics to think about, and that they gain experience writing their own talks.
Well, my boys were both assigned to give their first talks in March. It was so fun to sit down with them and help them. Basically they just dictated to me what they wanted to say and I wrote it down. I was able to stand with them at the podium on the days of their talks and prompt them with the words they had come up with. They were so cute, that I wanted to share. Out of the mouth of babes comes profound words about : "Families have important responsibilities."
BRADLEY
"God wants my family to teach people about the gospel and about Jesus and about the Spirit. God wants us to work together hard to be a missionary and to clean our rooms.
God wants my dad to be a police guy and to put bad people in jail. My dad has to be a nice husband and daddy. My mommy needs to teach Savanna and me and Ben to do good work and make us breakfast and dinner and lunch and snack.
I need to teach Ben how to be a good Ben. God wants me to grow up and be a missionary.
I know that Jesus is a good guy and He likes for us to be nice and play together. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
BEN
- choose the right
- do work
- take care of people
- be like Jesus
- go to church
- get married with a girlfriend at the temple
- keep the commandments
- eat good foods
I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe my family is nice. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
They are so cute! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment