Well, as I'm typing this my sister is delivering her first baby, Sofia Isabella. While I am anxiously awaiting the phone call saying that she has arrived, I thought, "I should update my blog!" I will definitely be posting pics of my first niece very soon!!
James started a local adult soccer league on Wednesday, April 1st. He is on the Galaxy team. He hasn't played in close to 1o years, but overall I thought he did really well. The Ref had to tell him to chill out once or twice (he's a bit aggressive on the field), and he crushed some one's foot with his size 13 cleats (ouch!), but other than that, he made some nice passes and was killer in the goalie net!
James started a local adult soccer league on Wednesday, April 1st. He is on the Galaxy team. He hasn't played in close to 1o years, but overall I thought he did really well. The Ref had to tell him to chill out once or twice (he's a bit aggressive on the field), and he crushed some one's foot with his size 13 cleats (ouch!), but other than that, he made some nice passes and was killer in the goalie net!
I'm proud of him for doing something fun for himself, which is sometimes hard to fit in when you are a grown-up. Soccer is one of his passions and something he was (and I'm confident will be) really good at. He just needs to build up that endurance...ten minutes into the game Savanna looked over and said, "Wow, Daddy looks really tired," and he was!
I apologize for these totally lame pictures and promise to post better ones next week. My camera was dying and I don't know how to use the sports mode...yeah, that's my excuse any way!
But from what you can see, check out this park he plays at! It's Biddle Park in Arroyo Grande. It's out in the middle of no where on the way to Lopez Lake, but when you turn into it, it is this really quaint park nestled in the hills. The boys couldn't believe all the cows on the pasture behind the field, and I loved the big, shady trees and the smokey smell of the woods.
Every first Wednesday, they have a bounce house for the kids so all the families come out to cheer. It was a really fun night. I'm looking forward to watching him play every week and "kick some butt" as Brad and Ben like to say.
But from what you can see, check out this park he plays at! It's Biddle Park in Arroyo Grande. It's out in the middle of no where on the way to Lopez Lake, but when you turn into it, it is this really quaint park nestled in the hills. The boys couldn't believe all the cows on the pasture behind the field, and I loved the big, shady trees and the smokey smell of the woods.
Every first Wednesday, they have a bounce house for the kids so all the families come out to cheer. It was a really fun night. I'm looking forward to watching him play every week and "kick some butt" as Brad and Ben like to say.

No comments:
Post a Comment