Now some bad news...
Now more good...
Overall you can see that the good definitely outweighs the bad. The frost and a couple of gophers got our tomato plants, but we also planted seeds and may plant some more mature plants as well. Snails or some other insects are also feasting on some of our leaves, so we'll be taking care of them asap. How did our ancestors survive when they had to live off their own land? It's crazy making!
On a brighter note, as you can see, many of are plants are starting to push up through the dirt! We have zucchinis, peas, potatoes, squash, and lettuce pushing through! Our strawberries are looking great too, and we should see a bunch more crops rise in the next few weeks.
It's very exciting when hard work is rewarded. This has been a great experience for our family to have together. We are city folk by nature, but being out in the dirt for several hours a week, and helping new life to grow...it's a beautiful thing. And I say that with complete sincerity!

1 comment:
Hey Holli,
The garden looks great. I hate it when some stuff doesn't make it.. You get better as time goes trust me!!! I decided to wait on my seeds because of the frost. I planted to early last year. Here on the Central Coast you can't go wrong though because of the great growing weather, could you imagine living in like Vermont.. I guess that would be cool but we would have to have a green house:)
Post a Comment