Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yep, it's the big 3-0 today for me. I have to admit, this was not a birthday I was looking forward to...I know, I know, thirty isn't that old. It's not really the number of the years that has been bothering me. Other things, like the number of pounds that I have acquired as I've neared thirty bother me, and the few gray hairs I've recently found REALLY bother me! But, now that my birthday's here, it doesn't seem so bad. Overall, my twenties were a blur. Marriage, graduation, babies, career changes, moves- lots going on. I'm sure the next decade will bring just as much chaos, but I'm grateful for all the lessons I've learned that can help me along this next leg of my journey. Plus it helped that my family totally spoiled me this year! I received wonderful gifts, and lots of cards, emails, and calls. Overall, I am feeling very loved and fortunate. What else could a girl (even an "old lady" as my sister lovingly refers to me now) ask for??

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Wish I had been there hon! We'll do it up right for ... 40!

Julie said...

Happy late B-day Holli! I didn't realize we're the same age...cool! Glad you had a good day!