Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Family News...

Well, since we haven't been online in a few weeks, I thought I do a little update:

  • In addition to the posts I've added, we are wrapping up our summer here and have been spending a lot of time planning and structuring our home school schedule. Bradley will "officially" start Kindergarten and Savanna will begin the 7th grade- can you believe it???

  • James and I had our 7th anniversary on Aug. 3rd. James had to work a 12 hour shift, but we went out for a quiet dinner when he got home. It was sweet and simple...just the way I like it. He is my best friend. I love him more today than I ever could have imagined 7 years ago.

  • James also finished up his first semester at George Wythe University and received straight A's in all his classes! He is awesome, and I am so proud of him!

  • Savanna has one more arena soccer game at the Y, and she has already begun her soccer practices with AYSO. Those games will begin in early September.

  • Ben and Brad also both started soccer (see my next post!). It's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

  • I just finished reading "Pride and Prejudice," and it's one of the greatest love stories I've ever read. It's a must-read for all you romantics out there.

  • James and I have also been spending a lot of time going over our finances and getting rid of any unnecessary expenses. We have decided it is time to get out of debt and save for a home. We have made many changes including getting rid of our cable, changing our insurance plans, cutting down on our food and gas expenses, and stopping eating out or spending any extra money on entertainment, to name a few. Instead we have been going to the beach, the park, the library, watching movies at home, making homemade treats, etc. etc. We are very excited. It is the first time in our marriage that we have been able to cut back on our expenses because we WANT to, and not because we have to. It feels...LIBERATING!

Lots of good stuff going on here. Okay, on to my last post of the night!!

No comments: