Every year the children in our ward put on a primary program during our Sunday Sacrament Meeting. Basically what that means is that after we all partake of the Sacrament, the time is turned over to the children (ages 3-11) and their leaders to talk about what they have been learning throughout the year.
This year the children have been learning about the importance of eternal families. I absolutely loved listening to these sweet, innocent children bear their testimonies about Christ, talk about the love they have for their families and the temple, and sing hymns about eternal families. Children's faith is so strong and unwavering. They just "get" the gospel and embrace it fully. They were excited to share what they had learned, and we were all excited to hear it.
My boys were especially excited today. This was Ben's first year participating, and they each had a line that they had memorized. They each got up there and said their lines perfectly without any help, staring right at the congregation! It was pretty impressive.
Ben went first and his line was: "Heavenly Father sent me to Earth, so I can be part of my family."
Brad's class was next and his line was: "By following Jesus Christ we will be able to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus and again."
And even though Savanna is officially out of primary, they had her play the piano. This was her debut! She has never played in front of an audience before. There was probably over a hundred people present (maybe more), and she did great! She played "My Eternal Family," and although she will tell you she messed up twice, I don't think anyone took any notice. They were all very impressed, and were even more impressed when I told them she has only been playing a year.
It was a great morning. The only thing missing was James. It was Sundays like this that I really miss him being able to come to church with us. But, I am grateful for the gospel and that my family is an eternal family.

No comments:
Post a Comment