Then we were off to spend the weekend babysitting Sofi while Heath and Nel went to Vegas. We had so much fun with her. She is such a happy baby. She smiles at everyone, and has the cutest giggle (and I'm not just saying all this because her Mom reads my blog!). She did very good for being away from her parents for the first time, and my kids absolutely loved having a baby around. This was a trial run to see how we'd handle another one in our family. The verdict: As much fun as it was, I think we'll wait a bit. Between watching Wendy with brand-new Aubrey and taking care of Sofi, I was reminded how much work a baby is! Feeding, changing, entertaining, planning your entire day around their needs...yeah, my kids are just getting to the age where we can get in the car and go. We'll wait a little while...but not too long. :)
We were able to go to our old ward, the Van Nuys 1st Ward, on Sunday. It was very fun to see old friends, and Sofi did great and smiled at everyone there too. Everyone thought that she was ours, and I even got a few comments that she looked just like me! What?? Whatever, I'll take it as a compliment because she's super cute. :) She really liked the hymns and then fell asleep so we could attend all our classes. Nice!
Then we headed out to Palmdale to celebrate my Mom's and Heather's birthdays. We had a great time visiting with family, spent the night, hit the Lancaster cheapy movie theatre (on Mondays it's only 50 cents per person, so our whole family saw a movie for $2.50!), and then headed home.
It was great trip, but 3 days and 3 nights with little sleep led us all to be grateful to be home. Even Bradley said as he was crawling into bed that night, "I'm so glad to be in my bunk bed." Amen to that. :)
9/25-9/28

No comments:
Post a Comment