Sunday, October 25, 2009

P90X- 3 Week Update


Well, we don't look like Tony Horton just yet, but hey, it's only been 3 weeks! Overall our P90X experience is going really well. After the first week and our totally lame injuries, we switched to the "lean program" (they have three levels of intensity for P90X, and lean is the least- and it is still pretty darn hard!). We felt good after the second week, so we switched back to the "classic program" for this third week. It went well. We were able to do all the workouts, even the pull-ups, with no injuries and very little soreness.

James is already noticing some great improvements in how he looks and feels. I swear his stomach has decreased by about half already just from exercising daily and eating better. I'm following the diet a little more strictly, and my results are coming a bit slower (That's the way it has always been with us. James can just stop drinking soda for a week and lose 10 pounds. I can diet and exercise for a month and lose 5!). However, I am becoming much stronger, and I can see that my endurance is building. There is muscle building for sure, and once the exterior flab melts away, it's gonna be good! :)

We are very excited to get through the next week and a half and take our 30-day measurements and photos! We'll share- well, maybe not the photos just yet, but the measurements for sure!

Any questions, give us a call. We have a wonderful Beach Body Coach, Anna Gray, we can refer you to. She has been very patient with me and ALL of my many questions. Plus, she leads by example. She is a P90X grad, and is still going strong! Thanks Anna- you're awesome!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Good for you guys! I've heard of several people starting - but so far you've lasted the longest! Ken and I were joking about being fat and happy - except for the happy part! It's tough - life gets in the way of fitness! Good luck!